Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. There's a lot of other things you could be doing right now...like cleaning, or watching a movie, or writing your own blog. But you chose to spend your time reading mine. For this I thank you! (Hopefully this doesn't make you rethink your decision :)

"From the fruit of his mouth a man's stomach is filled; with the harvest from his lips he is satisfied." Proverbs 18:20

You don't realize how much food you eat until you suddenly try to start eating less. I never noticed how many snacks I graze on throughout the work day until this afternoon.
I started a new years weight loss contest with some friends this week- its girls against guys so I have to represent! We have been going to the gym together which is good for the accountability. But today at work today I noticed that every half hour or so I would think "Hmm, now would be a really good time for a cookie break." And my competitive spirit said, "No way Jose!". A few minutes later, "Hmm, I could really go for a hot chocolate with marhsmallows right now". And I heard a voice say "Step away!". Then of course working in a children's ministry office there is quite a bit of candy everywhere. So after lunch I think, "Hmmm, I could go for a bite size candy bar for a little something sweet." and then I hear, "Don't even think about it!" Diets are always more fun to think about until you actually start them. I think that our eating habits are usally directly connected to our spirit and obviously our emotions. It is another way of convincing ourselves something else [besides God] will satisfy. When we are bored, or lonely, or worried somehow we think eating will make it all better.
It doesn't.
Nothing else does either...shopping, relationships, techy gadgets. They all lose their luster and then what are you left with?
If you are hungry today and feel like you are never satisfied, just remember Jesus said,
"I have come that they may have life and have it to the full". John 10:10

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Ummm....this post has been up for quite some time with out any sign of life from you! Did you give up on your blog!? ;)I still look for updates!

Elaina said...

I think you are right! I have been so busy, but I will try to write some more for ya :)